Tutorials > How-to Get eBooks
Using the Twin Falls Public Library's Overdrive Service with the Libby App
- Download the Libby app from the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android devices).
- Open the app and tap on the "Get Started" button.
- Search for the "Twin Falls Public Library" and select "LYNX Library Consortium" from the list of libraries.
- Click on "Sign In With My Card", and select the Twin Falls Public Library.
- Enter your library card number. If you don't have your barcode number please contact the Library.
- Once you're signed in, you'll be able to browse the library's digital collection. You can use the search bar to find specific titles or browse through the different categories (e.g., "eBooks," "Audiobooks," "Videos").
- When you find a title you'd like to borrow, tap the "Borrow" button.
- If the title is available, you'll be prompted to choose the format you'd like to borrow (e.g., ebook, audiobook). You'll also be able to choose how long you'd like to borrow the title (the loan period will vary depending on the title and format).
- Tap the "Borrow" button to confirm your selection. The title will be added to your "Loans" section, which you can access by tapping on the "Menu" icon in the top left corner of the screen and selecting "Loans."
- To download the title to your device, tap on the cover image in the "Loans" section.
- The title will begin to download and will be available for offline reading when the download is complete.
- When you're finished with the title, you can return it by tapping on the cover image in the "Loans" section and selecting "Return." This will make the title available for other users to borrow.
- If you have any trouble using the Overdrive service through the Libby app, you can contact the Twin Falls Public Library for assistance.